All students are given a secure login to our VLE which includes Gmail facilities - log in at https://wa.itslearning.com
All students and their parents are reminded that access to school ICT is not an automatic right and that all users must adhere to the ICT Acceptable Use Policy (a copy of which is provided for inclusion in their Student Personal Folder). All users must click to agree to this Policy every time they log into the school network and/or onto a school device.
This Policy is also shown below:
ICT Acceptable Use Policy
By using the Academy's IT equipment, network and applications, you are agreeing to comply with this Policy.
You will use the IT equipment, network and applications in a responsible way and comply with the restrictions imposed. If you are not clear about any of the rules it is your responsibility to obtain clarification.
Students are responsible for good behaviour when using IT equipment, network and applications, just as they are in a classroom or a Academy corridor - general academy rules apply.
The Academy's IT equipment, network and applications are provided for students to conduct research, learn new skills, support their learning, and to communicate with others. Remember that access is a privilege, not a right, and that access requires responsibility.
Individual users are responsible for their behaviour and communications over the network and the Internet. It is presumed that users will comply with Academy standards.
Users should not expect that data transmitted over, or stored on the college network will be private. Staff may review files and communications, in line with the Academy's Data Protection Policy, to ensure that users are using the system responsibly.
The following are not permitted:
- The sending or displaying offensive or inappropriate messages or pictures
- Using obscene language
- Harassing, insulting, bullying or attacking others
- Damaging any IT equipment, infrastructure or networks
- Violating copyright laws
- The sharing or using others' passwords
- Accessing or trespassing in others' folders, work or files
- Intentionally wasting resources (e.g. printing)
- The downloading of non-academy related software or data files
- Downloading, installing or running any program or application other than those provided by the academy.
- The altering, revising or circumvention of any policy, restriction or settings within the Academy's IT equipment, network and applications
- Any violation of the above rules may result in a temporary or permanent ban on the use of the Academy's IT equipment, network and applications.
- Additional disciplinary action may be added in line with existing practice on inappropriate language or behaviour.
- When applicable, police or local authorities may be involved.