Over the past few years, we have managed some reasonably major developments and improvements of the site and grounds. These have included:
- A new and larger Learning Resource Centre
- A new state-of-the-art fitness gym
- Fully refurbished the canteen areas
- Enlarged three DT classrooms
- A new, large and fully equipped 'maths classroom of the future'
- Re-modelled the art and behaviour areas of 'C block'
- Fully re-furbished and fitted the two Food technology classrooms
- Developed new and unique unisex toilet facilities
- Improved accessibility to many areas of the building (including installing lift, ramps, handrails, height-adjustable equipment etc)
- Increased external signage and resurfacing of the main visitor parking areas
- The relocation of various curriculum areas
Our resources are obviously limited and so we are concentrated on improving the teaching and learning environment and facilities for our students and staff, as opposed to any major building projects.
- Replacing substandard classroom furniture, blinds etc
- Replacing warn or damaged carpets
- Improving the reliability and capacity of our ICT infrastructure
- The redecoration of classrooms and corridors
- Replacing old light fittings with more energy efficient units
- Replacing electrical supplies and associated infrastructure